About the program
Do you use private video surveillance at your home or business that records video? If you do, the New Bedford Police Department would like to hear from you.
A recording video camera is one of the methods for finding criminals and convicting suspects who are caught committing a crime.
The New Bedford Police Department is asking all citizens and businesses in the city to register their privately-owned surveillance camera systems. This is very helpful to us, as officers respond to criminal incidents, they may be able to see something useful on your security camera footage which may help apprehend/convict a criminal.
You would only be contacted if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your camera as indicated by your registration.
Yes, I want to participate!
Things you should know
The goal of the this program is to deter crime and encourage public safety through a collaboration between the New Bedford Police Department and the citizens we serve. Accordingly, everyone that registers must agree to the following terms / conditions:
- If we think it will help in an investigation, the New Bedford Police Department will contact you using the information provided by you at the time of registration, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Any and all video surveillance footage shall continue to remain your property until it is requested by the New Bedford Police Department and collected by the New Bedford Police Department.
- Your participation in this program shall not be an obligation to release any surveillance video to the New Bedford Police Department upon request.
- Footage from your security camera containing or related to criminal activity collected by the New Bedford Police Department could be used as evidence.
- Under no circumstances shall participants act as an agent and/or employee of the City of New Bedford and/or the New Bedford Police Department through this program.