Can I get a copy of a Criminal Report?
Criminal reports that are Domestic Violence in nature can be picked up by the VICTIM ONLY at 871 Rockdale Avenue (Central Records Bureau) 8am to 3:30pm Monday thru Friday (closed on holidays). All other criminal reports require a court order to obtain.
How do I report a non-emergency?
All emergency calls should be made to 911. Non-emergency calls can be made to the communications division at 508-991-6350 to report a NON-EMERGENCY. Non-emergency calls can also be made to the division in which you live.
Station One – 508-991-6340
Station Two – 508-991-6355
Station Three – 508-991-6360
Can I report drug and criminal activity anonymously?
You can report crimes, suspicious behavior, or drug activity anonymously by calling 508-99-CRIME (508-992-7463) or by calling one of the NON-Emergency numbers above. You do not have to leave your name if you do not wish to.
How do I get a copy of an accident report?
Accident reports can now be obtained online for a fee from or by going in person to 871 Rockdale Avenue between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday thru Friday (closed on holidays).
How do I get a restraining order or harassment order?
Restraining orders and harassment orders between 9am-4pm Monday thru Friday are obtained at the 3rd District Court 75 N. Sixth Street, New Bedford. If an order is required outside of normal business hours, one can go to their local police station to obtain an emergency order from an on call judge.
How do I get a firearms license?
Go the forms page on the website and print out the necessary paperwork. Call 508-991-6300 extension 79573 to set up an appointment.
How do I know if there are any sex offenders near me?
You can go to and obtain information on all Massachusetts Level 3 Sex Offenders.
To obtain information on Level 2 offenders in the city of New Bedford you must report in person to 871 Rockdale Avenue between 8am to 3pm Monday thru Friday. You will be required to fill out an application for information, and will be provided with Level 2 and Level 3 information.
Level 1 offenders WILL NOT be disseminated to anyone other than law enforcement.
My vehicle was towed, where is it?
If your vehicle was towed, you can contact the police station closest to you or the Communications Division at 509-991-6350 to find out who towed it and where it is.
How can I bail someone out who has been arrested?
If someone is arrested between the hours of 8:30am and 2:30pm Monday thru Friday, the person will brought to 3rd District Court and held/released from there. If it is after 2:30pm, you can contact the Bristol County Sheriff’s Office at 508-996-6704. No one is held at any of the New Bedford Police Department Police Stations.
What are the police station addresses?
Headquarters – 871 Rockdale Avenue 508-991-6300
Station 1 – 572 Pleasant Street 508-991-6340
Station 2 – 168 Cove Street 508-991-6355
Station 3 – 781 Ashley Blvd 508-991-6360
Where can I pick up police reports?
Police reports can be picked up at New Bedford Police Headquarters 871 Rockdale Ave, New Bedford, MA 02740
What do I do if I’m stopped by an officer?
If directed to stop by a police officer, do so as soon as it is safe to stop your auto. Avoid sudden movements and do not reach for your license or other items until the officer requests them. Remain in your vehicle, turn on your interior vehicle light, keep your hands where the officer can see them and follow his/her instructions. If stopped by an officer in an unmarked cruiser, the officer will make themselves known by producing a badge, and identification.